This health initiative of Delhi government is a boon for elderlies and their care-givers. Infact it is steps like this which go a long way in according real health benefits to senior citizens.
Sunday Clinics is a scheme of the Health Department of Delhi Government whereinOPD facilities are provided to senior citizens every Sunday between specified hours. This way the care-giver who accompanies the elderly is not required to take leave from work.
This facility (in designated hospitals) is available on Sundays from 9:00 AM – 12:00 Noon, while in some it is available between 10:00 AM – 12:00 Noon.
Following hospitals of Delhi government run Sunday clinics:
- Aruna Asaf Ali Hospital, Raj Pur Road
- Deen Dayal Upadhyay Hospital, Hari Nagar
- Dr. N.C. Joshi Hospital, Karol Bagh
- Guru Teg Bahadur Hospital, Shahadra
- Jagjiwan Ram Hospital, Jahangir Puri
- Lal Bahadur Shastri Hospital, Khichripur
- Loknayak Jai Prakash Narain Hospital, Jawahar Lal Nehru Marg
- Rao Tula Ram Hospital, Jaffarpur
- Sanjay Gandhi Memorial Hospital, Mangol Puri
Following 3 Hospitals/Institutes in Delhi also run Sunday clinics with separate registration counters for senior citizens:
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
- Maualana Azad Medical College, Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg
- Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital, Baba Khadak Singh Marg
It would be worthwhile to mention here that this scheme of Senior Citizens’ Clinic is in operation since 1998. I only hope all senior citizens are aware so as to take benefit of same.